Our client, an nternational,multi-disciplined projects company and is currently seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor with a wealth of knowledge in Mechanical and Electrical Commerical projects in London.
This position is available due to our increased workload.
Office and site based reporting to the Commercial Manager.
* Preparing early stage budgets and detailed cost plans
* Performing risk and value management and cost control
* Advising on procurement strategy
* Preparing tender and contracts documents, including bills of quantities
* Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks
* Preparing and analysing costings for tenders
* Establishing and operating cost and financial control systems
* Certifying progress claims and payments to contractors against work completed
* Negotiating to ensure budgets are not exceeded
* Measurement from drawings of the Mechanical and Electrical components
* Providing advice on contractual claims
* Maintain contemporaneous accurate records
* Valuing completed work and compiling application for payment
* Monthly cost and value reports
* Project cost and programme forecasts
* A minimum of 5 years experience on UK projects
* Experience and knowledge in M&E Commerical Projects
* Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
* To be proficient in MS Office applications- Excel, MS project, Powerpoint
* Experience in NEC and JCT forms of contract is a must
In return you will be offered a highly competitive salary and career progression opportunities.
You will be joining an international mechanical, electrical and instrumentation company which has gained significant experience across a wide section of construction sectors. A company committed to achieving client satisfaction through safely offering value, deliverability and quality. A company that prides themselves in offering a comprehensive range of mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and commissioning services to their clients taking any project from the construction drawings right through to final handover and commissioning. A company that has been providing mechanical, electrical and instrumentation services for many years to a diverse range of industry sectors, including hydrocarbons (oil & gas), life sciences (pharmaceutical), energy, renewables, data, manufacturing and the commercial sector. From the complex process environment in the pharmaceutical sector to the cutting edge technology and telecommunications required in the commercial market.
A company where growth is primarily driven by repeat orders from existing clients.
A company that recognises it's people contribute significantly to the continued success of the company. A company that rewards contribution and offers challenging career opportunities with exciting and varied projects.
A company committed to developing people to the best of their potential, providing an environment that encourages career development, with many opportunities to develop skills through internal training, on-the-job project training and ongoing continuous education to up-skill and develop each employee's potential.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.