£36000 - £38000 per annum
3 months ago
An ideal opportunity for a Senior Quality Engineer to work in beautiful Somerset, in a world class engineering company utilising all of your experience in ISO9001, PPAPs, FMEAs, control plans, auditing and the implementation of corrective and preventative actions. You will support the Quality team in providing an efficient and professional service to customers, suppliers and the company's manufacturing facility. Drawing on a range of quality tools and techniques, this position plays a key role in problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
- To deliver PPAP and other similar part or process approvals, which includes gauge studies, process flow diagrams, control plans, process capability studies, ISIR's & material certifications
- Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- ISO9001 Quality Management System and documentation
- To promote & maintain high levels of 5S
- Internal & supplier auditing, involvement with external/ customer audits
- Customer and supplier liaison including visits (may include overseas travel)
- Writing technical, supplier and quality engineering reports
- Delivering Quality improvement projects within a timely manner
- Process control & internal audits
- Expert use of standard hand tools such as Micrometers, Calipers, Gauge blocks etc.
- Correct interpretation and measurement of technical engineering drawings, including geometrical tolerances
- Understand and operate advanced measuring tools
- Concept design, development, validation & implementation of new or amended measurement systems & devices.
Applicants should hold a degree in an engineering related discipline, or a lower level qualification which is supported with relevant engineering experience
Previous experience in working in a senior quality engineering role is essential in which you will have gained experience in ISO9001, PPAPs, FMEAs, control plans, auditing and the implementation of corrective and preventative actions. This organization manufacture using a variety of metals in a machine shop environment, so any experience of working in metallurgy role would be highly beneficial.
- Training and skill development opportunities
- 26 days holiday per annum (allocated to fixed and flexible dates) plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
- Prudential Group Personal Pension Plan
8.00am - 4.30pm, Monday to Thursday, 8.00am - 1.20pm Friday
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.