£45000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: Early Friday finish
01392 423 301
about 1 month ago
Taking the operational responsibility for manufacturing and dispatch within this successful cradle to grave engineering organisation. You must ensure that structured processes are used to streamline and develop a more efficient production site, including dispatch and stores. In addition to utilising your knowledge of modern manufacturing techniques within an engineering assembly environment, you’ll be a first class leader of people with a process-orientated leadership style.
- To lead and support the production team to ensure the day-to-day running of the manufacturing areas and ensure production targets are met. This also includes daily responsibility for the supervision and maintenance of plant, building, and grounds.
- Identify, initiate, and implement continuous improvement activities. Drive change to improve productivity as well as efficiency through recommending and implementing change in working methods, tooling, and plant.
- Set goals and coach manufacturing staff, and regularly evaluate performance and results so goals are met.
- Maintain standards of discipline in line with company procedures. Set and maintain consistent 5S (Sort, Set, Shine, Standardise, Stick) and housekeeping standards in the manufacturing area.
- Maintain and develop the ERP system.
- Minimum qualification HND / HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline. A management degree or NVQ level 4 or above.
- Extensive experience from qualified work in production and a minimum of 5 years managerial experience within a medium-sized manufacturing organisation.
- ERP systems (preferably, experience of Monitor).
- Experience of working in a global organisation is an advantage.
- Business-minded and productively driven. Proven ability in modern change management techniques.
- Ability to lead a team through a coaching leadership style and understands how to manage different personalities and high-performing talents as a team .
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral.
- Skilled relationship builder with ability to build trust and contribute to positive relationships.
- Analytical skills, with the ability to identify cause and effect, evaluate alternative solutions, solve problems and link to the wider context. Action-and result-orientated way of working.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Digital and IT literate, fully confident in Microsoft Office packages.
Hours 8-5 M-T, 8-3.30 Friday
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.