We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic individual with planning experience to join the team at our client based in central Bridgwater. This will involve dealing with a diverse caseload including planning requirements and obligations, monitoring and responding to impacts, evaluating compliance, managing change, as well as processing and managing planning applications from the project and wider supply chain.
The role will require the successful applicant to coordinate and provide support and guidance to the Principal Planning Officer, Development Manager, Project Director and wider colleagues from enforcement, environmental health, planning policy, economic development in order to complete necessary tasks relating to project implementation and monitoring
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work closely as part of a small team with the Principal Planning Officer - Major Projects and Compliance, the Major Projects Officer and wider colleagues to process requirements, obligations and management strategies relevant to the Hinkley C and National Grid projects.
- To monitor, track and process planning matters associated with Hinkley C nuclear new build project, including the Development Consent Order, specifically in relation to requirement discharge, planning obligations and the effective operation of management strategies.
- To coordinate officers / consultants, to provide professional support and guidance in making recommendations and decisions on condition discharge, obligations, management strategies, preparing draft reports to Development Committee and/or for delegated decisions, as directed by the Development or Group Manager.
- To track planning application activities and decision making in relation to the project.
- To seek external technical support on specialist matters, making recommendations to the Principal Planner for assistance where appropriate.
- To process planning or related tasks relevant to the nuclear new build process related to town and country planning act applications, including site visits, negotiations with developers and their agents, drafting reports to Development Committee or delegated decisions and decision notices. In particular to ensure that quality decisions are made in a timely manner, consistent with performance standards, having regard to the development plan, other planning policies and the Council's corporate priorities and objectives.
- To monitor complaints and impacts, coordinate responses with partners and provide planning advice on behalf of the local planning authority in relation to condition / requirement discharge.
- To respond promptly to any planning enquiries and / or concerns regarding compliance, related to the project from developers, the supply chain and the general public on development management matters to ensure an efficient and reliable service is provided.
- To attend Development Committee meetings and present oral reports to the Committee on development matters, and take all necessary following action..
- To work as part of a wider team on project monitoring and communications, and to produce monitoring reports as required.
Successful candidates must be working towards or be qualified in Town Planning (or equivalent) and have recent and up to ate knowledge of planning legislation as well as experience in attending development and planning committee meetings. Previous experience in a similar role is essential as well as supervisory and management experience in supporting other members of the department and provide external support to other teams and stakeholders.
This role is on a permanent contract, salary is between £32,000 and £36,000 depending on experience.
Additional company benefits include; ability to work flexi time, 30 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays, regular staff social activities and a favourable pension scheme.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.