Senior Planner (Rail Division) - Croydon
My client is one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. They require a Senior Planner with extensive experience in the detailed planning of large complex transportation projects.
As the Senior Project Planner, you will report into the Project Controls Manager with accountability to the Project Manager.
The Transportation business covers all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management, from inception and options appraisal through to detailed design and delivery/construction support.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of the Projects programme and Project Controls.
- Represent Project Controls, attend and lead client progress meetings.
- Responsible for the completion of projects to time and cost.
- Provide regular supervision to junior members of the team as required.
- Familiar with commercial and financial aspects of project management.
- Building relationships with limited set of common clients and maintaining regular client contact.
- Have a good understanding of Transportation technologies and markets.
- Provision of project performance data, project schedules and reports in a concise and timely manner as required by the projects teams.
- Successful in identifying any project deviations and slippages, reports and communicates issues to senior members of the team.
- Ensuring that all issues within the programme are highlighted and understood by Senior Management and giving appropriate planning advice.
- You will deliver the Period Programme Update and information regarding changes and delays that have impacted the programme on a period by period basis.
- Delivering the necessary reports to allow Senior Managers to direct the project appropriately.
- A detailed understanding of transportation technologies, including but not limited to: Signalling, Track (P-Way), Structures (tunnels, bridges, earthworks, embankments, buildings, structures, gantries, access platforms etc), Electrification & Plant and Telecoms.
- Experience of programming multi-disciplinary engineering design and managing the resulting interfaces.
- Must have an excellent understanding for how projects are designed, procured, constructed and commissioned.
- An expert user of Primavera P6.
- This role requires the Planner to carry out their Project Control duties with limited supervision, and work under their own initiative in the production of Project Programmes and Tender Programmes.
- The successful candidate must have previous experience of managing planners, allocating tasks, checking achievements and providing constructive feedback, leadership and management.
- Experience of various forms of contract, including NEC.
- Experience of Schedule Risk and Cost analysis.
- Experience of Claims.
- Experience of working with company Enterprise systems.
- Prepares project resource histograms, performance analysis data and CPI/SPI information.
- Must demonstrate a detailed understanding of Project Controls Techniques including, budget and spend management, change control, Earned Value Management, data analysis, trend analysis and Work Package Management.
- Experience of working on large projects up to £50m.
- Experienced Engineering Professional with a qualification in Mechanical/Civil Engineering preferred. Member of the APM preferred.
If you meet the requirements of this role please contact Paris Desouza firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridian Business Support is one of the largest privately owned, multi-sector recruitment companies in the UK. In 2019, we will celebrate 30 successful years in the recruitment industry. Meridian has an extensive network of 60 branches nationwide, providing over 5,000 temporary staff on a weekly basis and placing over 900 permanent candidates each year.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.