Senior HR Advisor
If you are an experienced HR generalist who enjoys supporting Managers in all aspects of employee relations, then this could be just the role for you?
You will join a team of three within an owner-managed, highly successful Devon business and be part of their continued success.
- Manage the day to day operational and reactive issues and case work as they arise, delegating tasks accordingly within the team, supporting or advising HR Team Members where required and escalating issues to the HR Manager when necessary.
- Day to day management of the HR team.
- Maintain HR systems and processes in the department for your own work and overseeing compliance in the team.
- Maintain knowledge of the business and operations in order to advise and coach Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders on HR issues.
- Ensure the adherence of policies, procedures and the Handbook and provide updates and communication on a regular basis.
- Assist with the development of a Learning and Development strategy and culture including the development and delivery of training opportunities.
- Conducting formal meetings including conduct /performance investigations and/or disciplinary hearings and grievance meetings. Ensuring legal process is followed and matters are documented and resolved appropriately.
- Support the recruitment processes, including advertising vacancies internally and with agencies, on job boards and the Company website. Booking interviews, preparing interview documentation, attending and note taking during interviews, and supporting Managers to review and shortlist applications.
- Conduct starter and leaver processes including inductions and exit interviews, processing documentation and providing feedback to Managers as required.
- Support Line Managers with HR processes such as appraisals and probation review meetings.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Two-year's experience in an HR Advisor/Officer or similar level role
- Experience of handling employee relation issues in a similar work environment
- Good working knowledge of current employment law and good practice
- Experience advising Managers and Team Members on a range of HR issues
- Excellent IT skills (proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word and experience of HR Management Information Systems)
- Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and numerical.
- Attention to detail.
- Awareness of employment law and practical HR knowledge.
- Experience handling and advising on disciplinary and grievance cases.
- HR training or qualification such as CIPD level 5 or similar level of training or practical experience
- Health care and life assurance after one year's service,
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays,
- Employee assistance program,
- Free parking,
- Subsided canteen,
- Discount on products,
- Christmas saving scheme,
- Cycle to work scheme
- Opportunities for training and development
Working Hours: 40 hour week - 8.30-5 Mon-Fri
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.