Senior Engineer (Building Services) - Sunderland
My client is an award-winning MEP consulting engineering practice with offices in the UK, Middle East and Far East.
They currently require a Senior Engineer to join their building services team on a permanent basis in Sunderland.
- To manage projects including allocated resources such as graduates and technicians.
- To oversee the day to day running of projects, attend project meetings, be the daily contact for the client, contractor and other project consultants.
- Maintain the Project Management Plan.
- Represent Patrick Parsons as part of a Professional Design Team.
- Develop and produce scheme design information as outlined in the Project Management Plan and the design philosophy/brief as agreed with the Project Manager/Principal Engineer.
- Assemble and ensure all calculations, drawings, correspondence and other project documents are in good order, in compliance with the Business Management systems, processes and procedures.
- Liaise with internal and external Design Team, Client and Contractors as appropriate.
- Attendance at project and design meetings and site visits.
- Represents the company at Client and design team meetings.
- Attend project testing, commissioning of plant and systems.
- Manage projects from inception through to completion.
- Develop scheme designs as required by the Directors and Principal engineers.
- Deliver projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
- Determine the need for and attend project progress meetings.
- Respond to design queries during construction phase and attend site meetings.
- Communicate project's critical issues in a timely manner to Directors and clients.
- Actively manage projects.
- Mentor junior engineers and graduates.
- Anticipate challenges and project risks and recommend necessary mitigating measures, and where necessary relay to clients.
- Take an active role in the development of the Building Services Division with a view to expanding its client base.
If you have this experience please forward your CV and references to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01642 233555
Meridian Business Support is one of the largest privately owned, multi-sector recruitment companies in the UK. In 2019, we will celebrate 30 successful years in the recruitment industry.
Meridian has an extensive network of 60 branches nationwide, providing over 5,000 temporary staff on a weekly basis and placing over 900 permanent candidates each year.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.