Senior Design Engineer (Bridges) - Oxford
My client is one of the leading contractors in the UK and they are looking to strengthen their design team in Oxford by hiring a Senior Bridge Design Engineer.
You will be part of the Oxfordshire Highways delivering a range of services in partnership with Oxfordshire County Council.
The Senior Design Engineer will play an important role in a small team of engineers and technicians to design and deliver a range of projects and functions to maintain this important asset to agreed budgets and programmes.
- Lead preparation of designs for a wide variety of bridge replacement, strengthening and maintenance schemes in close collaboration with the council to identify and meet the project objectives.
- Line manage and/or mentor some staff within the team, ensuring work is planned and undertaken safely and efficiently.
- Implement a variety of highway structures schemes from start to finish within budget, to programme and in compliance with quality, safety and environmental objectives, including liaison with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in other structures asset management activities such as inspections, review of third party designs, structural assessments, maintenance prioritisation etc.
- Work closely with project managers and other local team members to provide technical support to a variety of highway and transport schemes.
- Assist in the training and development of our trainee and graduate engineers.
- Substantial experience in highway structures inspection, maintenance, design, asset management and construction.
- Experience of working collaboratively with clients, contractors, stakeholders and multidiscipline design teams.
- Good working knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges/Specification for Highway Works/Eurocodes relating to the design and maintenance of highway structures.
- Experience of mentoring bridge engineers, graduates and technicians.
- Proficient in the use of structural analysis & design software (e.g. LUSAS, TEDDS, RING & AutoCAD).
- A relevant Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers or equivalent professional qualification.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player with a can do approach.
Salary: 42K per annum
If you meet the requirements of this role please contact Paris Desouza email@example.com
Meridian Business Support is one of the largest privately owned, multi-sector recruitment companies in the UK. In 2019, we will celebrate 30 successful years in the recruitment industry. Meridian has an extensive network of 60 branches nationwide, providing over 5,000 temporary staff on a weekly basis and placing over 900 permanent candidates each year.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.