Richmond upon Thames
£80000 - £85000 per annum, Benefits: Plus benefits and bonus
020 8680 5777
3 months ago
My client is a prominent international Life Sciences firm with its main headquarters in the South West London. With the flexibility options on offer, the role could be great for candidates based outside of London.
- Identify and ensure that legal compliance risks are appropriately identified and managed
- Providing commercially focused compliance advice in relation to commercial transactions, including to specialist colleagues in Business Development, Facilities, Finance, HR, IT and IP;
- Working closely with business colleagues on the successful integration of newly acquired businesses.
- Preparation and deployment of staff compliance training, including working with third party content providers and/or drafting and delivery of compliance training in areas including in relation to export controls, trade sanctions and high-risk counter party screening
- Advising the business generally on all compliance issues that arise including trade sanctions, bribery and corruption competition laws, data protection, freedom of information and whistle-blowing and investigations.
- Effective project management to deliver projects and programmes to deadlines.
The successful candidate for the Senior Compliance Specialist will need:
- Qualified lawyer or other relevant compliance qualification with a solid foundation in practising law and/or legal compliance, preferably with a well-regarded law firm or a recognised blue-chip organisation; some in-house compliance experience is preferred as is solid experience of US compliance practice;
- Experience in developing, reviewing and monitoring the operation of compliance controls such as Gifts & Hospitality Registers, Denied Party List diligence, Sanctions Policies and Bribery and Corruption mitigates;
- Solid working knowledge of international data privacy law and regulation both GDPR and US data privacy regulation in the area;
- Effective communicator, with strong personal integrity and an ability to react promptly and effectively at all times;
- Articulate, with excellent analytical, counselling, communication and interpersonal skills and sound legal, ethical and commercial judgement, able to connect with colleagues at all levels of the business in a positive, engaging and supportive manner.
Basic salary between £80,000 - £85,000pa + benefits, including 25 days annual leave, generous pension package, life assurance, bonus scheme, and medical Insurance just to list a few!