Major Civil Engineering contractor requires an experienced Senior Site Civil Engineer to join the team.
The successful candidate will have a wide and varied remit making full use of their experience and skills.
Due to the portfolio of work it is essential that candidates must be able to demonstrate previous experience at Senior Site Engineer level. The successful candidate will be happy to travel and work throughout the UK. Initially working on major schemes across the North West with values in excess of £100 million.
Ensure all site activities are undertaken in compliance with company SHEQ policies and procedures.
- Ensure all site personnel, including subcontractors, designers, clients, staff, visitors and others are inducted and have approved risk assessments and method statements (RAMS) in place.
- Supervise and monitor the direct site labour force and monitor, coordinate and manage sub-contractors.
- Managing and coordinating sub contract packages.
- Assist the Project team to ensure the works are constructed to the quality required by the Contract Drawings and specification.
- Producing technical support to production teams.
- Produce RAMS for directly employed labour and approve RAMS for other elements of the work.
- Ensure McLaughlin and Harvey procedures, inspections and forms are implemented, including those associated with accident reporting, permits to work and temporary works.
- Produce, implement and approve where appropriate, Inspection & Test Plans (ITP) ensuring accurate and up to date records are maintained.
- Record, submit and monitor Non-conformance Reports (NCR) and maintain the NCR register.
- Ensure accurate setting out and dimensional control within specified tolerances.
- Ensure drawings, specifications and other contract documents are kept up to date.
- Ensure that the project programme is available and communicated to the supply chain prior to works commencing.
- Develop short term look ahead programmes in collaboration with the supply chain.
- Chair, minute and circulate subcontractor progress meetings.
- Produce weekly / monthly progress reports as appropriate.
- Communicate programme risks to the PM/CM and maintain records for contractual correspondence.
- Plan and manage site resources to ensure a safe working environment and to achieve the programme.
- Ensure accurate daily records are maintained and communicated for labour, material and plant, including Sub-Contractors.
- Ensure the PM, CM and QS are kept appraised of variations to the works and any matter likely to have commercial or contractual implications.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.