Meridian Business Support are working in partnership with their reputable client on a Senior AV Installation Engineer
position based in their Glasgow location.
We’re looking for a Senior Audio-Visual Installation Engineer
to join our team. This is a chance for the right candidate to further their career in the growing audio-visual market as one of our trusted, senior members of the team. This is a hands-on role that would see the candidate working with our installation team on various sites and projects. Our ideal candidate would have:
Reporting to the Service Manager day to day duties would include:
- Experience in a similar level audio-visual role or be ready to step up from a more junior position
- Experience working on commercial premises and construction sites
- A positive “Can Do” Attitude.
- Be committed and self-motivated, with good organizational skills
- Ability to prioritise works to increase efficiency and reduce downtime
- Ability to work effectively using own initiative and as part of a project team
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Installing cabling and containment systems to current standards and a high quality finish
- Mounting, connecting and commissioning audio-visual equipment
- Updating and recording details of work done on our cloud-based job management system
- Demonstrating equipment to clients
- Assisting Installation teams and other departments with technical queries
- Attending project meetings – both internal and client-facing when required
- Mentoring Junior AV Installers
- Full UK Driving License
- Minimum 3 years practical experience in any Audio-Visual Role
- Ability to install and commission modern video distribution and control systems
- A good understanding of audio and video signal flow, routing, and processing. In both the analogue and digital domain
- A good understanding of TCP/IP networks use in the AV industry
- Experience in using control protocols including RS232/485, IR and TCP/IP
- Experience in implementing modern ethernet based audio visual distribution methods (Dante, AVoIP)
- Experience in commercial tv distribution systems (traditional IRS and IPTV)
- Able to confidently terminate, test and troubleshoot the following connectors (VGA, BNC,F-type, RCA, XLR, 3.5/6.3mm Jack/RJ45)
- Able to correctly select appropriate cable types for the application at hand.
- Ability to interpret and work from plan drawings and schematics.
- Experience in the Layout and building of equipment racks
- Familiar with Digital signage systems and their topology (Onelan/Brightsign)
- Experience with lighting control technologies (DMX, ArtNet)
- This is a permanent full-time, field-based role.
- The standard working hours are 0800 to 1630 Monday to Friday. Regular overtime will be available including working on projects across the country.
- While our premises are in Hillington, due to the geographical spread of our work we encourage applications from all over Scotland.
- Company Van
- Fuel Card
- Daily expense Allowance
- Overnight allowance and expenses if working away
- Company Laptop and Essential equipment supplied
- Uniform Provided
- Company Pension
If interested then please apply using an up to date version of your CV or email email@example.com and we will be in contact with further details.