£25567 per annum
0118 907 3199
about 1 month ago
- Salary – Up to £25,567.24 per annum
- Full time (48 hours per week)
- Any 4 out of 7 days – Includes weekend work
- Rotating shifts: 05:30 – 17:30 & 17:30 – 05:30
- Must be willing to work BOTH Day & Night shifts
- Recommend a friend: £250for you & £100 for your friend
You will be work in the security hunt to ensure the only authorised vehicles and personal enter the site. You will book in and sign out vehicles that arrive/depart at our national distribution centre. You will manage up-to-date movement list, ensuring all visitors follow site safety procedures and monitor all security cameras.
You will need t be self-motivated and be able to work under pressure, take a flexible approach to working hours and have great decision-making skills.
Security Officer -Key accountability's:
- Booking-in on WMS and recording manually of vehicles arriving at the depot.
- Booking out on Freighter and recording manually of all vehicles departing the depot.
- Maintaining an up-to-date movement list of all trailers.
- Ensuring vehicles arriving on site have the correct booking-in reference and arrival time.
- Giving all visiting drivers advice on yard safety procedures etc.
- Maintaining a list of all vehicles arriving on site that are carrying returns.
- Monitoring security cameras and playing back discs where necessary.
- Weekly reading of Gas, Electric, Water and Flo Gas meters and Fuel monitoring.
- Early morning reception duties and operation of switch board.
- Patrols of warehouse, admin area and perimeter fence, with locking down at weekends.
- Ensuring weekly practice of fire alarm testing is carried out and any faults reported.
- Setting alarm system and regular patrols during silent hours.
- Reporting on matters of Health & Safety.
- Responsible for vehicle, locker, body and baggage searches.
- Arranging and typing of shift rotas.
- Dealing with VGOLIA for collection of Wet Waste, Compactor and OTC skips and maintaining all paperwork.
- Reception duties out of hours, including answering telephone calls, issuing visitors passes.
- Checking all agency drivers licences and photocopying; downloading of Digi-cards; issuing swipe cards when required.
- Issuing Work Permits to all sub-contractors at weekends.
Security Officer -The Person:
- Flexible with a high level of self-motivation and able to work under pressure
- Must possess excellent communication and decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels, internally and externally
- Ensure compliance fully with Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Flexible approach to working patterns/hours
- High level of initiative, motivation and organisational abilities