Due to expansion plans, we are looking for a Sales Representative to join a growing builder’s merchant business in Hereford within this brand-new role. This will incorporate both internal and external sales, and this person will develop and build upon existing trade account relationships and further expand our client’s customer base throughout Hereford and the surrounding areas.
This Sales Representative role is a full-time permanent position working Monday – Friday 8am-5pm (40 hours) on a salary of £28-32,000 per annum, dependent on experience, plus a discretionary bonus. It is essential that you have a valid drivers license.
As Sales Representative reporting into the Merchant Manager, you will identify, capture, and maximize sales opportunities, from existing, lapsed, and new business. Your responsibilities will include:
- As Sales Representative, you will split your time between external customer meetings and internal counter sales based on the needs of the business on a weekly basis.
- Support marketing and promotional activities as required, including attendance at any external events; shows, exhibitions, etc.
- Prepare and submit monthly management report summarizing activity, orders, quotations/pipeline opportunities, progress year-to-date against target, market conditions, competitor activity, etc.
- Help to achieve/exceed branch turnover and profit targets.
- Effective diary management, ensuring all calls and visits are recorded accurately onto CRM system.
- Negotiate the best possible margins in line with KPI’s.
- Support Branch Manager with stock requirements and pricing, based on customer demand and market conditions.
- Regularly communicate and build strong working relationships with key personnel from your customer base.
We are keen to speak with candidates with the below experience:
- Proven sales experience within the builder’s merchant, building materials or construction sectors
- Proactive, with a ‘get up and go’ attitude
- Self-motivated with a methodical approach
- Excellent time management, people skills and confidence
- Valid full UK drivers license essential to be considered
- Good local knowledge of Hereford and the surrounding areas
- Company pool vehicle for use when visiting external customers.
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Free on-site staff parking
- Staff discounts
- On-site café
Please get in touch with us to discuss the brand new Sales Representative role!