Would you like to work for a is a world leader in the design, manufacture and support of helicopters Based in Yeovil. We have a great heritage and pride ourselves both on our reputation for excellence and for providing opportunities for our people.
Employment benefits include a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave, salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme, the opportunity to join an award winning pension scheme, free car parking, employee discount scheme, an on-site Occupational Health Service, flexible working, flexi-leave scheme and a generous relocation package.
Key Responsibility Areas
Your main activities will include, but not be limited to
- Providing expert specialist analysis, advice and support within the following R&M disciplines.
- RM&T Programme Planning.
- Reliability Analysis.
- Failure Modes Effects (and Criticality) Analysis (FME(C)A).
- Reliability Centred Maintenance, including Scheduled Maintenance Analysis.
- Maintainability Analysis.
- Testability Analysis.
- Maintainability input to Design.
- Failure/Data Recording, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (F/DRACAS).
- Availability Analysis.
- R&M Project Planning & Budget Control.
- Having one or more R&M specialisms, you will provide expert advice and mentoring to R&M Department personnel on your specialisms.
- Co-ordinate a small team (2 or 3 people) involved with the execution of your allocated project; control project inputs/outputs, including progress reporting and budget control. Support day-to-day project issues and keeping the R&M Manager appraised of such issues; raise important issues with the R&M Manager for resolution as necessary.
- Review and approve formal R&M reports at the 'Specialist's' level, providing constructive feedback comments to report authors when necessary.
- Assist the R&M Manager in the preparation of R&M Programme Plans, budgets and other related inputs to existing and future bid activity. This will include an element of formal Programme Management control metrics and reporting.
- Maintain appropriate contact with all relevant stakeholders and seek to develop an effective relationship with them during the course of the task or project being discharged. This is particularly important for Design Engineering and other areas of PSE.
- Maintain the R&M 'toolset' assigned to you. This may take the form of a software tool, process or procedure for undertaking R&M assessment.
- This role may require you to occasionally travel internationally and drive (hire cars) on Company business.
- You are responsible for taking reasonable care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work and to co-operate with managers, supervisors and others to enable the company to meet its statutory obligations for health, safety and environment.
- Specific responsibilities for Employees are detailed within HSP 1015 - Workers Responsibilities.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Educated to HNC level (as a minimum) in a relevant aviation related subject and/or have completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship.
- A minimum period of 5 years employment in Reliability and Maintainability sufficient to gain the necessary technical knowledge and experience to make expert technical assessments and judgements related to R&M.
- A working knowledge of applicable industry Standards and Policies applicable to R&M and Aircraft Maintenance is important, including UK MoD Defence Standards (e.g. 00-40, 00-42, 00-44 and 0045, MAP01 (and related Regulatory Articles and Manuals), JAP(D)100C-22, etc.); Military Standards (e.g. 1629A, 882E, etc.); ATA-MSG-3. An awareness of the application of Mil-Hdbk-217F, NPRD-95, FMD-91, ASD S4000P and ASD S5000F, etc.
- Effective communication, influencing and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of an integrated matrix team and lead other team members are required.
- Computing skills including MS Word and Excel are essential and experience of MS Access would be beneficial.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.