£32000 - £34000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
7 months ago
Disability Assessor - Registered Nurse
Salary: £32,000 Per Annum rising to £34,000 Per Annum - £16.41 Per Hour rising to £17.43 Per Hour
Permanent contract - Full Time
Meridian Business Support has an excellent opportunity for Registered Nurses - (RGN - Adult, RMN, RNLD) to develop your existing skills and qualify as a Disability Assessor.
You will be rewarded with a fantastic benefit package, with no weekend work required.
- To analyse and interpret clinical information and medical evidence writing a concise report to a professional standard. This report is then used as the basis for DWP to make decisions on whether a person does or does not get PIP.
- Carry out medical file work and/or assessments and examinations
- Responsibility for achieving service and quality targets
- Liaise with national medical/health authorities as necessary
eg. GPs, CPNs, Specialist Nurses, Social Care teams
- Undertake any ad hoc responsibilities related to service delivery or performance management, as requested by the Service Delivery Team Manager, Clinical Manager or Clinical Support Lead
Essential / Minimum Criteria:
- Hold full NMC or HCPC registration as Nurse (Adult), Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapist or Paramedic
- Strong communication skills - telephone, customer service.
- IT Competent - ability to learn new software and strong typing skills
- Fluent English language skills
- Strong organisation skills - case management
- Career driven - as plenty of progression opportunities available.
- 25 days' annual leave, with the option to buy and sell up to 10 days
- At 9-month mark, performance related £1000 increase will be put in place and again at 18-month mark
- Pension scheme, matching up to 10% of your contributions
- Life assurance, private medical insurance and medical indemnity insurance
- Reimbursement of your annual NMC/HCPC registration fee
- Health screening every two years, after one year's service
- Thorough in-house and professional training and development, covering well over the required CPD hours to revalidate and maintain your professional registration
- All flexible benefits can be tailored to your requirement and lifestyle: travel or dental insurance, child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme and many more
The recruitment process
Meridian Business Support is a multi-sector employment agency with branches across the UK and 30 years recruitment experience. We have a branch based in Liverpool that specialise in disability recruitment. The team of Senior Consultants in Liverpool have an in-depth knowledge of the sector and a track record of placing candidates into these roles. You will have a dedicated consultant who is on call to answer any questions and take you through the application and interview process as well as arranging your start date/training date.
If you are interested in the Disability Assessor position and would like to start an application then please apply to this advert and a member of recruitment team will be in touch. Alternatively, to find out further information or to have a confidential conversation please call or email
Samantha Hughes - 07-876 -86-5570 / samantha.hughes @meridianbs.co.uk
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.