Well Meridian Business Support has the role for you! We are currently recruiting Registered Nurse's to become Disability Assessor's conducting face to face assessments with Personal Independence Payment claimants on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and produce a report that will be used in the decision making process.
Upon commencement of employment, you will receive full training inclusive of e-learning and personal mentoring. By joining this organisation, you will be offered excellent prospects for career progression and professional development.
Based in Glasgow, this opportunity is available on a full-time or part-time basis.
Key responsibilities as a Registered Nurse/AHP PIP Clinical Assessor:
- Carrying out face to face PIP disability assessments for a broad range of clinical scenarios
- Delivering an excellent standard of customer service, treating claimants with respect and performing assessments in a supportive manner
- Communicating assessment outcomes by producing a high standard of written report
- Undertaking other duties as required on request of senior staff
This is an NHS Band 6 position (Band 5 can apply); benefits of the role include:
- An excellent NHS pension scheme that is one of the most generous and comprehensive in the UK
- Joining a multi-disciplinary organisation that encourages opportunities for personal development
- Partaking in a multi-stage induction programme and further receiving 4 protected study days per annum
- Twice annual opportunity for pay enhancement, 1 spinal point and 1 national pay increase
- Regular opportunities to work closely with your managers all of whom are experienced clinicians
- Holiday entitlement of 27 working days, rising to 29 working days after 5 years' service and 33 days after 10 years' service + 8 bank holidays
- A range of flexible benefits including occupational health and counselling services
To be considered for this position you should meet the following criteria:
- NMC registered Nurse, with a minimum of 2 years' post registration experience
- Excellent clinical, communication and interpersonal skills and basic IT abilities (MS Word)
- Hold appropriate knowledge of the clinical aspects of a wide range of health conditions
- Be highly organised and able to plan your own workload
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Registered Nurse to grow their assessment and report writing skills while gaining a qualification at the same time!
Apply today or call for more information on the role:
Please contact Samantha Hughes at Meridian Business Support on:
0787 686 5570 or email samantha.hughes @ meridianbs.co.uk for more information regarding this vacancy. Alternatively, please apply to this advert and a consultant from the team will be in touch.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.