Registered Medical Practitioner (GP) - (Welsh Speaking)
£72,000 + Excellent Benefits Package
Monday - Friday 9am-5pm
Exciting opportunity has arisen for a welsh speaking registered General Practitioner (GP).
Purpose of Post
To travel the region and visit Assessment Centres to conduct medical assessments and examinations and produce concise reports for the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) as part of a successful integrated team
- To undertake a combination of file-work and face-to-face assessments of customers in relation to a variety of benefits and provide a report to the DWP. File-work involves reviewing medical evidence in a written or electronic format to determine the suitability of a face-to-face assessment. Such assessments focus on how a disability affects a customer's day to day life in performing work related activities. These assessments may be recorded.
- To use IT software programmes to support clinical decision making when undertaking file-work and examinations.
- To provide comprehensive reports to enable Decision Makers at DWP to make
informed decisions regarding benefit claims.
- Ensure that professional practice standards and "best practice" are maintained in all areas of work.
- To deliver productivity and quality standards agreed between CHDA and DWP and to respond positively to feedback.
- To undertake recorded assessments where required.
- To work unsupervised and use own initiative however know personal limitations and ask for support where necessary.
- To analyse and interpret clinical information and medical evidence and provide a report in a professional and concise manner.
- Work well as part of a multidisciplinary team and build positive working relationships with both clinical colleagues and administrative support staff.
Apply professional skills and manage own professional competence and accountability, in accordance with the GMC Code of Professional Conduct.
Previous Relevant Experience:
Recent, in the past five years, broad-based clinical experience in a discipline that requires
history taking, examination and evaluation of clinical presentation is essential.
If you are interested in the Disability Assessor position and would like to start an application then please apply to this advert and a member of recruitment team will be in touch. Alternatively, to find out further information or to have a confidential conversation please call or email
Samantha Hughes - 07-876 -86-5570 / samantha.hughes @meridianbs.co.uk
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.