£23000 - £28000 per annum
25 days ago
Due to an internal promotion Meridian are currently looking for an experienced recruitment consultant to join our team in Middlesbrough, the successful candidate will be taking over a warm desk with the opportunity to earn commission from day one. The successful candidate will be joining one of the most successful branches within Meridian and will be supported by some of the most experienced consultants in their respective industries.
As a Recruitment Consultant you are responsible for attracting candidates and matching them to temporary or permanent positions within client organisations. Your role is to work with a wide range of clients, building relationships in order to gain a better understanding of their recruitment needs and requirements.
Recruitment Consultants attract candidates by drafting advertising copy for use in a wide range of media, as well as networking, headhunting and through referrals. You screen candidates, interview them, do background checks to ensure suitability and legal compliance in order to successfully match them to the needs of your clients – both existing and prospective.
It's primarily a sales role, and offers great rewards for those that achieve successful results and use their skills to become a true expert in recruitment and selection.
Your main aim will be to create a demand for Meridian Business Support’s services within your market sector, in order to help increase the gross margin profit for the branch and to act ethically and professionally at all times, ensuring the highest possible standards are always achieved.
· Using sales, business development, marketing techniques as well as networking in order to attract business from client organisations
- Understand market trends in order to maximise margin percentage
- Maintain an awareness of market competition and undertake competitor analysis on a regular basis
- Attend client visits and meetings to ensure customer needs are understood and met
- Advertising vacancies by drafting and placing adverts in a wide range of media
- Using social media to advertise positions, attract candidates and build relationships with candidates and potential employers
- Headhunting – identifying and approaching suitable candidates who may already be in work with a view to match candidate to client requirements
- Briefing the candidate about the responsibilities, salary and benefits of a job ensuring you have managed candidate expectations and buy in for the position
- Negotiating and acting as a liaison between client and candidate to ensure both candidate and client needs are met
- Provide the highest standard of customer service to potential and existing customers and candidates
- Process payroll compliantly and within set timeframes (if applicable)
- Complete structured registrations with potential candidates identifying suitable business leads are obtained and worked on (if not by you then a colleague)
- Ensure that references are obtained on all candidates to ensure accuracy of work history and suitability
- Ensure all recruitment activity is recorded on IQX accurately and in detail
- Adhere to the branch procedures and ensure both electronic and paper based files are kept up to date and compliant
- Successfully achieve KPI’s set by Manager
- Where applicable, support the development of the Trainee Recruitment Consultant by offering ad hoc support, guidance and coaching as required
- Possess good communication skills both written and verbal
- Be able to work effectively under pressure and against deadlines
- Have good organisational and administrative skills
- Have experience of working within a customer service environment
- Have experience of working within a sales and results driven environment
- Have excellent attention to detail skills
- Be flexible and adaptable to change
- Work well within a team environment