Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £45000 per annum + Car Allowance
about 1 month ago
Quantity Surveyor (Social Housing) - Manchester/Warrington
My client is a dynamic, award winning property maintenance, refurbishment and new build specialist, delivering a range of bespoke services and solutions to a wide variety of clients.
They currently require a Quantity Surveyor from a social housing background to continue to facilitate the successful running of works from either their Manchester or Warrington offices.
- The role is to obtain and evaluate information to ensure a realistic cost for the supply of works, goods, materials and services for designated refurbishment/maintenance projects/contracts.
- Working on a broad range of works including Social Housing - kitchens/bathroom and voids, Public sector - Education and Hospital refurbishments/planned works and Hotel and Leisure.
- Liaise with Contractors, Suppliers and Clients to ensure information, costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of designated project/ contracts.
- Assist in the preparation, processing and selection of estimates, bids and tenders to demanding timescales.
- Assist in the development of the procurement programme.
- Prepare and monitor cash flow forecast for designated projects.
- Prepare and submit monthly applications for payment to the Client/Client's representative.
- Submit invoices for certified value and ensure payments are received on time.
- Value and authorise payments to sub-contractors.
- Liaise with Contract Managers to establish the project specification and requirements.
- Attend and contribute to meetings with work colleagues and or Clients/Customers when necessary, building relationships and demonstrating excellent communication skills.
- Monitor the contract progress, assess and report any changes that may affect project costs and or time scale.
- Assist in the control of individual contract budgets.
- Site working/visits in and around Manchester.
- Social housing/planned Works experience essential.
- Hold the relevant qualifications.
- Ideally to have worked with the public sector.
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office.
- Must be flexible in hours of work and travel and hold a Full UK Driving Licence.
Salary/Package: 45k per annum + Car allowance
If you meet these requirements please forward your CV and references to email@example.com or call 01642 233555
Meridian Business Support is one of the largest privately owned, multi-sector recruitment companies in the UK. In 2019, we will celebrate 30 successful years in the recruitment industry.
Meridian has an extensive network of 60 branches nationwide, providing over 5,000 temporary staff on a weekly basis and placing over 900 permanent candidates each year.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.