Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Advisor - Teesside
My client is one of the largest contracting businesses in the UK offering a broad scope of mechanical, electrical and street lighting services. They mainly deliver on highly complex energy infrastructure projects nationwide.
Their E&I division in Teesside require a QS/Commercial Advisor to be based at their North East operations. The role will require travelling 2/3 times a month to their South coast operations. (Hampshire)
- Ensure good working relationships with clients ensuring that client correspondence is prepared in a professional manner.
- Monitor progress on site ensure that where applicable claims for recovery of loss and expense are submitted on time and agreed with client.
- Carry out monthly measure on site and prepare monthly applications to include all values relating to labour materials management, plant and equipment and escalation.
- High light to the Commercial Manager areas in which target cost and sales are not being achieved by means of a weekly reports.
- Comply with company procedures in relation to commercial matters.
- To ensure participation in handover of construction meetings for any and all projects concerned.
- Ensure maximum profitability on projects under control by pro-actively approaching your duties and exercising commercial acumen.
- Prepare cash flows and update as necessary - analyse timing of sales and costs.
- Degree Educated QS with 5 years experience ideally in E&I.
- Technical and practical knowledge of all phases of contract development and close-out.
- Knowledgeable of current industry trends and technical developments.
- Strong working knowledge of administering FIDIC.
- English language spoken and written essential.
- Tender support.
- Ability to travel 2/3 times a month.
If you meet the requirements of this role please contact Paris Desouza firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridian Business Support is one of the largest privately owned, multi-sector recruitment companies in the UK. In 2019, we will celebrate 30 successful years in the recruitment industry. Meridian has an extensive network of 60 branches nationwide, providing over 5,000 temporary staff on a weekly basis and placing over 900 permanent candidates each year.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.