£50000 per annum, Benefits: Company Vehicle, Performance Bonus, Pension
about 2 months ago
Meridian is working with a bespoke house builder who provide small to medium quality new homes across Yorkshire. They require a Quantity Surveyor to join the business on permanent basis who has solid experience in new home developments, conversions and refurbishments to undertake the costings and procurement for their business.
You will play an important role in building new homes across North & West Yorkshire.
- Pricing of excavations, concrete, drainage, roads, brickwork, stonework, joinery, plastering roofing, external works and landscaping works.
- Ensure sufficient information available to prepare tender documentation.
- Carry out pre-contract & establish and maintain sub-contractor database.
- Prepare specifications, employers’ requirements, contracts and sub-contractor contracts and where necessary contractors proposals.
- Work with the site manager to ensure the timely organisation of materials and labour to site for efficient progress of work.
- Liaise with architects’ engineers and other providers and statutory authorities involved with the sites.
- Prepare bills of quantities for company jobs.
- Agree and certify sub-contractor valuations and final accounts.
- Closely monitor and report on project costs against feasibility as required by the directors.
- Ensure sub-contractors complete snagging and other works in a timely manner.
- Prepare completion cost reports.
- Agree all final accounts and monitor retention's.
- 50k Per annum with bonus scheme.
- Company vehicle provided.
Meridian Business Support is one of the largest privately owned, multi-sector recruitment companies in the UK. In 2019, we will celebrate 30 successful years in the recruitment industry. Meridian has an extensive network of 60 branches nationwide, providing over 5,000 temporary staff on a weekly basis and placing over 900 permanent candidates each year.