Do you have strong Mechanical and Electrical services skills, with experience of working within quality and compliance, and the ability to train others in order to improve systems and procedures? This is a diverse role requiring somebody with a logical, pragmatic and practical approach to problem solving.
This brand new role within a service driven technical environment (non production) requires an experienced Quality Control Engineer who can focus on product quality & improvement, training and non-conformance. The role requires continuously identifying, developing and implementing improvements to ensure the highest levels of product and service are provided to customers in the most efficient manner.
- To monitor internal and external customer feedback in order to prioritise improvement initiatives that will have the biggest impact or benefit to the business and the customer.
- To drive continuous improvement by resolving process errors and by defining or clarifying sales and fulfilment policies.
- To reduce product quality non-conformance, maintaining a close working relationship with suppliers through whom to manage corrective actions.
- To work closely with the technical teams in order to deliver agreed strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Engage with the supply chain in order to manage product quality, ensuring issues are rectified at source, whilst fostering good working relationships
- Analyse data, themes and root causes to inform quality control improvements
- Maintain a hands-on approach to ensure that improvements are realistic, practical and effective. This includes updating customer-facing literature such as installation manuals
- A commercially-minded innovator with a strong technical background who is a positive agent for change.
- Must possess both the hard and soft skills required to ensure that projects are well managed and completed at high level of technical precision, whilst also conveying energy, enthusiasm, passion and positivity to encourage buy-in of new products and services across all areas of the business as well as to the customer base.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication is essential
- Strong IT skills are essential
- Electrical engineering skills and qualifications are a key advantage
- Ability to edit and update documentation including using relevant graphics package such as Adobe Illustrator and AutoCAD, although training will be provided
- Knowledge of NetSuite and relational databases is an advantage
- Analytical skills are essential
- Great written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Confidence in leading change is essential
- HND/HNC/Degree in an engineering-based field is essential
- Mechanical and electrical services knowledge is an advantage
- Project management experience is an advantage
- Construction industry and legislation knowledge, including MCS, building regulations, British Standards and electrical regulatory compliance is an advantage
- Individual Performance Related Bonus up to 2% of salary
- Up to 3% matched pension contributions
- 23 days holiday (rising to 28 with tenure) plus bank holidays
- 10% membership discount for LED leisure
Working Hours: 8.30-5.00 Mon-Fri
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.