This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the fastest growing and award winning companies in the industry within the South West. You will be an experienced Specifications or Quality Technician with a food manufacturing or animal feed background and looking for a positive and progressive career in the South West.
- Risk assessing, approving and monitoring all raw materials and suppliers to ensure that raw materials are supplied to the agreed specification and to customer and legislative requirements.
- Responsible for placing new raw materials on the system and ensuring all specifications and supplier audits are kept up to date.
- Sourcing and coordination of the trial of new RMs including fit for purpose in line with quality standards
- Coordinate bill of material amendments under change control.
- Handle customer enquiries on product formulations including compositions and the raw material specifications that they contain.
- Liaise closely with internal raw material planners/purchasers on a regular basis to ensure that raw materials are sourced and delivered to the correct specification.
- Build relationships with suppliers of raw materials, printed packaging, sub-contractors, transport and services and maintain the approved supplier database.
- Investigate and resolve any quality issues related to quarantine release requirements including out of spec or out of trend results for raw materials. This will include liaising with suppliers and documenting and managing CAPAs as required.
- Schedule and carry out a programme of regular supplier visits to include sub-contractor visits and audits.
- Coordinate technical agreements and documentation relating to the release of raw materials with sub-contractors.
- Degree or equivalent in chemical engineering, food technology, food related degree or closely related area or equivalent experience required.
- Food or Feed manufacturing industry experience in a similar role required.
- Good understanding of technical Food or Feed Legislation and standards such as Food Safety, HACCP, COSHH required.
- Supplier Auditing qualification and/or experience beneficial.
- Experience of food, feed or pharmaceutical Quality Standards helpful
- Full UK/EU driving licence and ability to travel within the UK and beyond essential.
- Ability to be highly flexible with regards working hours and travel to suppliers as required.
- Your contribution will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a range of benefits including, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- On site parking
- One of the most beautiful office and production facilities in the South West
Working Hours: 8.30-5 Monday to Friday
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.