This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Quality Inspector to eventually step up to lead the Quality Control function at a busy metalshop in Exeter. Your role will be to identify and implement process and efficiency improvements to drive best practice, whilst building and maintaining a close working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ensure Goods-in inspection, customer returns and supplier rejections are managed effectively.
- Direct QC staff to manage and improve supplier quality including supplier audits and goods inspections at source.
- Implement procedures to drive efficiency and productivity.
- Manage and report on KPIs for all activities and monitor performance against them.
- Work closely with the Technical Operations Manager to enhance processes and procedures to drive best practice.
- Experience of a Quality department involving standards such as ISO 9001, TS16949 and ISO14001 in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience and understanding of manufacturing processes including engineering drawings, welding, machining, electro plating and painting, forging and casting of steel materials.
- Knowledge and experience of up-to-date best practice in quality control
- Good knowledge and awareness of statutory Health and Safety requirements
- Able to demonstrate initiative in resolving problems and implementing business improvements
- Ability to devise, improve and document clear business processes
- Leadership skills focused on development and training of team as well as delegation of responsibilities
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office applications
- Approachable with good interpersonal skills.
- Life assurance cover 2 x basic salary (rising to 3 x basic salary for pension scheme members)
- Company Pension Plan - Employer contributions of 6% (with min of 3% employee contributions)
- 25 Days paid annual leave + bank holidays
- Subsidised critical Illness medical insurance plan
- Company profit share scheme, following 2 years service.
Working Hours: 8.30-5.00 Monday to Friday
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.