Job Title: Quality Inspector
Job Type: Permanent job
Location: Cheltenham, easily commutable from Gloucester , Stroud , Tewkesbury , Evesham , Worcester
Salary: £34580 to £37240 with lots of overtime available.
This is a rare opportunity to join one of Gloucestershire's most successful engineering businesses who invest heavily in their UK operation. The work is very interesting and there are excellent opportunities to develop your technical ability through training and development. The role will require you to inspect a wide variety of CNC milled and turned components manufactured from stainless steel, aluminium and exotic metals.
The majority of batches are small or one-offs and are all made to aerospace standards, following exacting standards. You will be working as part of a friendly team in a well ordered Inspection department.
We are seeking an Inspector who ideally has the following skills:
- Knowledge of Quality Inspection processes within an Engineering environment.
- Ability to read Engineering Drawings and to check components against them
- Ability to use Precision Measuring Tools (Verniers, Calipers, Scopes)
- Using CMM
- Carry out in-process inspection
- Perform all 1st off inspections
- Carry out First Article Inspections Reports (ideal however can be trained)
- Flag corrective actions
- Calibrate measuring equipment
- Completing basic paperwork and certification for components
In return, the Company offer good salaries, plenty of overtime , 25 days holidays plus bank holidays (and close at Christmas) , life assurance , a great employee benefits programme , a generous pension scheme, long service awards and free drinks.
For more information or to apply for this role, please either submit your details to this advertisement or contact us on 01242-246-020 for a confidential overview.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.