£28000 - £38000 per annum
0118 907 3199
about 1 month ago
Are you an experienced Quality engineer and looking for a new challenge in 2021, want to work in leading UK engineering company to unitise your experience?
Our client, a UK leading engineering company, is looking for an experienced Quality engineer to support their quality team based in Bletchley, Milton Keynes.
- £28,000 - £38,000pa
- Working Monday to Friday – Some flexibility may be required
- Contracted to 40 Hours per week
- 25 days holiday & Pension scheme
- Ideally from a Manufacturing/ Engineering background
As a Quality engineer, you will be a vital part in the operation; You will be predominantly client facing, liaising with customers and suppliers to ensure all requirements are met. Working within the quality team, you will ensure the quality of the manufactured products are correct, creating documentation and devising quality tests to ensure all aspect are met.
Ideally you will come from a Manufacturing/ Engineering background and have strong experience in the manufacturing process alongside a HNC, Degree or other equivalent qualification in engineering although strong experience support by a relevant qualification will be considered and want to progress to a Quality manager in the future
You will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to close out of 8D’s alongside strong experience of working within the industry. You will need to have great communication skills and be able to manage your time effectively to ensure all activities are completed.
- Assist in managing the Quality Department in the absence of the Quality Manager.
- Liaise with both customers and suppliers to ensure both internal and external requirements are achieved.
- Control customer complaints, ensuring timely response and actions and closing out of 8D’s.
- Undertake measurement of Company performance and customer feedback, providing the relevant corrective action plans.
- Assist the Company Management to ensure that the procedures and working practices comply with the ISO/TS16949 requirements.
- Undertake both internal and external audits.
- Prepare PPAP’s including FMEA’s, Control Plans and Flow Charts.
- Prepare Control Charts and Concerns
- Prepare Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Control of drawings and specifications into and out of department.
- Undertake, where relevant, first-off inspections.
- Liaise with other departments to resolve quality issues and undertake quality awareness training.
Experience/Skills & Competencies:
- Educated to HND/HNC in a relevant engineering discipline although strong experience supported by relevant qualifications will be considered equivalent
- Analytical problem solver & committed to continuous improvement
- Sound understanding of Maintaining any relevant standards such as ISO, BRC, TS16949 etc.
- Experience in manufacturing processes
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing/heavy engineering environment
Please apply online today