0118 907 3199
18 days ago
A leading engineering manufacturer specialising in steam, they produce niche peristaltic pumps and associated fluid thermal technologies within 16 countries around the world.
Don't worry, you won’t need to know about stream - You just need to know how to improve quality developments for Goods in-to our company.
- Salary £32,000 - £36,000 – Dependant on experience
- Contract to 37.5 hours
- Monday – Thursday 08:00 – 16.45 and Friday 08:00 – 13.30
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Benefits include – Pension, Life Assurance & Medical Insurance
You will be experienced in Quality Engineer in a manufacturing/ production environment, ability to work to ISO9001 & related quality systems, alongside experience in a range of supplier management.
Using your experience with manufacturing/ production, you will lead quality audits, support & train your team to understand manufacturing processes, be aware of product certifications, engage in quality planning & non-conformance management disciplines
Quality Engineer core responsibilities:
- Lead supplier quality issues investigation and disposition activities.
- Co-ordinate supplier non-conformity containment actions and rework solution in support of Production and Purchasing departments.
- Co-ordinate and improve on-site Goods Inwards Quality Inspection team and process.
- Co-ordinate samples booking in, inspection and return.
- Co-ordinate on-site supplier return process.
- Provide technical advice & data to Purchasing & our suppliers to identify Supplier Development opportunities for parts and process improvement.
- Support radical product and process changes to support significant Quality improvements & cost reductions as appropriate.
- Train suppliers in the requirements as necessary.
Quality Engineer person:
- A track record of working in a quality engineering role within a manufacturing/ production environment.
- Experienced in ISO 9001 and related quality systems.
- Experienced in a range of supplier management, quality planning and non-conformance management disciplines.
- Manufacturing process understanding casting forging, machining, coating, pressing, fabrication and electronics.
- Recognised academic qualifications in an engineering or quality related discipline.
- Can demonstrate on-the-job qualifications in quality related discipline. E.g Projects, Assignments, Improvement Programmes that have been completed in a quality role.
- Awareness of material and product certifications