This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading employer on a Permanent basis as a Quality Engineer.
As Quality Engineer you will work as part of the Internal System Monitoring team with the purpose of conducting internal quality audits (some off-site auditing and travel is required) and supporting the investigation of incidents and customer complaints. You will also provide support to the business through additional responsibilities that may include Inspection Stamps and Build Surveillance. Interfacing with and guiding 2nd and 3rd party auditors and regulatory/customer representatives is expected.
Your main activities will include:
- Carrying out internal audits, including their planning and report writing
- Provision of Quality System guidance to team members and other departments as applicable.
- Perform risk analysis of any non-conformance's identified
- Assist in the resolution of potentially contentious issues between major stakeholders identified through audit non-conformance, supporting a successful resolution of any issues, problems or challenges
- Reconcile containment, corrective and preventive actions and accept/reject actions eventually leading to closure of the non-conformance
- Report on progress and status of work to provide a clear statement of position, issues and actions.
- Guiding external representatives around the business to facilitate 2nd and 3rd party auditing
- Liaise with 2nd and 3rd party bodies during the planning preparation and closure of external audits
- Loading external audit reports and findings to the NC Management Tool and any findings/actions are completed within the agreed timescales
- Liaising with Customers, Suppliers and Partners to provide advice / guidance, and where necessary formal correspondence, on quality matters.
- Continually reviewing the company processes with a view to continuous improvement by identifying and implementing improvement initiatives
- Continually reviewing existing and creating new processes and procedures to achieve business and quality objectives.
- Reviewing data available in respect to quality processes, compiling, and promulgating data and progressing any issues identified to completion.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Educated to HNC level or equivalent with a sound engineering background, with experience within an Aerospace or Manufacturing environment
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with both internal and external customers.
- Trained internal quality auditor
- Broad knowledge of quality certification standards (e.g. EN9100) and approval schemes (e.g. EASA part 145 & M, MAA MRP Part 145, CFAOS, DAOS etc.)
- Self-motivated but also has the ability to work as a team member.
- Confident and professional approach with integrity
- Experience of applying quality procedures and systems within an Aerospace environment
- A knowledge and experience of aircraft documentation including the Integrated Electronic Technical Publications.
- Knowledge and use of root cause analysis tools e.g. 5 Whys, Fishbone, 8Disciplines etc.
- Trained error investigator.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.