£30000 - £45000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Meridian are currently recruiting for a well-respected, progressive and market leading manufacturer based in Taunton who are seeking a new Quality Engineer to join the team.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Drive continuous improvements in quality culture and practice.
- Report and follow-up on deviations and complaints.
- Perform RMA root cause analysis, resolve problems and drive corrective actions and improvement.
- Help identify, monitor and report on Cost of Quality KPIs.
- Advance the team’s understanding of product life and reliability.
- Represent quality assurance and customer perspectives in cross-functional teams, projects and in material review and process validation.
- Assume responsibility for daily quality assurance.
- Ensure compliance to ISO9001, ISO45001 & ISO14001 Quality Standards.
- Actively lead the performance and refinement of Six Sigma, MSA, APQP, PPAP, SPC, FMEA and 8D processes.
- Manage the validation and (re)qualification of processes and equipment installations and transfers to second site.
- Manage the migration of existing Quality Management Systems infrastructure to second site.
Personal and professional requirements:
- The sucessful applicant will hold a Degree in Industrial Science, Engineering or equivalent by experience.
- At least 2 years professional experience
- Fluency in writing technical reports
- Strong knowledge and experience of Six Sigma, MSA, APQP, PPAP, SPC, FMEA and 8D processes.
- Ideally, ISO 9001, 45001 and 14001 lead auditor trained..
- Proven track record in the transfer and re-qualification maunfacturing and testing processes.
- An understanding of failure analysis and reliability testing would be advantageous.
- Permanent role
- Working hours are 8am- 4pm
- Competitive salary & Package
- Free parking on site
- 25 days holiday (Plus Bank Holidays)
- Pension scheme
Click apply now for immediate consideration or email email@example.com for further information.