QA Assistant/Auditor (M&E Contractor) - Middlesbrough
My client is a design & build contractor operating in strategic sectors in the UK including Nuclear, Nuclear Decommissioning, Power, Water, Waste Water & Waste to Energy. They have operations across Teesside, Cumbria and Warwickshire.
They require a QA Assistant/Auditor on a permanent basis for their operations in Middlesbrough. The role will require traveling from time to time to difference sites across the UK.
The company will fund and support the successful candidate to enable full qualification as a Quality Engineer (subject to the terms of employment)
- The role is ideally suited to a dynamic individual who has or is seeking a role in manufacturing / construction / Engineering.
- You will be commercially aware with a strong focus on teamwork and change management.
- You will be required to work autonomously and implement the companies project controls & administration strategy focussed on "on time, on budget" principles, utilising and contributing to the existing Quality assurance system and environmental management systems, through clear strategy and proactive commitment whilst the same time suggesting and implementing any agreed improvements.
- Undertake compliance audits.
- Introduce enablers for people to comply with the QA system.
- Report failures and implement corrective measures.
- Assist SHEQ manager with audits to external organisations.
- Understand & implement QA policies of the company.
- Represent the company in professional and diligent manner at all times.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationship with internal and external stakeholders, design team, authorities, utilities and associated organisations.
- Represent the company to senior managers of client organisations.
- Good Knowledge of relevant legislations, standards, regulations, guides and good practise.
- To have knowledge of and compliance with relevant procedures and standards.
- To contribute and assist, as required by the Board of Directors.
- Some experience in a project controls / Quality control / auditing background.
- Some experience in an administration capacity within the UK or internationally.
- Proven ability to work as a team.
- Mentoring and working with colleagues, sharing knowledge and experience.
- Legally able to work in the United Kingdom.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Communicate and present in a professional manner, both written and verbally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, leadership and work well in a team.
- Actively demonstrate initiative and able to work independently under pressure to meet deadlines efficiently.
- A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and commitment to independent, lifelong learning.
- Experience in construction or allied industry.
If you meet the requirements of this role please contact Paris Desouza firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridian Business Support is one of the largest privately owned, multi-sector recruitment companies in the UK. In 2019, we will celebrate 30 successful years in the recruitment industry. Meridian has an extensive network of 60 branches nationwide, providing over 5,000 temporary staff on a weekly basis and placing over 900 permanent candidates each year.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.