£45000 - £55000 per annum
28 days ago
Purchasing team leader - Permanent - £45,000 - £55,000
Are you experienced in purchasing and looking for a new challenge in 2021 ,want to work in word leading organisation and unitise your experience?
Our client, a leading engineering manufacturer specialising in steam, they produce niche peristaltic pumps and associated fluid thermal technologies within 16 countries around the world.
Don't worry, you wont need to know about stream - You just need to know purchasing.
You will be responsible for effectively managing a team of Buyers & senior buyers , taking full ownership of the procurement of goods process, liaising with suppliers to maintain continuity of supply and developing suppliers relationships and develop the long term QCDM sourcing strategies.
Using your experience in purchasing, you will be completing cost analysis and estimating, leading on tendering processes and ensuring best Value for Money throughout the department. You will support and lead the team to achieve individual & team performance metrics alongside deputising for the procurement manager when required.
- Manage and improve the team, through development, empowerment, delegation of authority and accountability, appraisals, work load balancing.
- Manage the suppliers relationships and develop the long term QCDM sourcing strategies and the suppliers network and performance through effective delegation, support and cross functional collaboration
- Align the supplier agreements to support our Business' strategy, performance and objectives
- Support supplier payments on time activities as required
- Cost analysis and estimating, tendering and ensuring best Value for Money on whole life cycle purchases
- Instigate, support and lead as appropriate the development and creation of new procurement tools and processes to increased the value added by our team members
- Lead activities to drive and achieve integrated continuous performance improvement both here and inside the suppliers network, on traditional measures and metrics, but also on CSR, Innovation and Sustainability
- Maintain continuity of supply at all times
- Provide support to Product Development and Value Streams, supporting the NPI activities
- Liaise with peers and senior management to get buy-in and manage change / innovation through collaboration. Produce factual reports to support data driven decision making
- Achieve individual and team assigned performance metrics (QCDM related - Quality, Cost, Delivery and Motivation) and create and work to action plans where the results do not meet requirements
- Collect data and report internally and to senior management levels, both in UK Supply and at Group level
- Deputise for the Purchasing Manager and represent the Purchasing team as and when needed, at Senior Management level
- Provide on going support for any other duties as required by the business
Experience/Skills & Competencies:
- Proven Procurement / Supply Chain management (team leading) experience in a fast pace manufacturing environment, preferable in a highly regulated industry
- Demonstrable cost and budgets management, tendering and contracts management
- Demonstrable Change and Project Management experience within a Procurement / Purchasing role
- Experience of influencing various levels of stakeholders effectively
- Commodity and supplier management with various categories of spend
- Specialist knowledge of procurement / purchasing systems and processes alongside International Procurement experience
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes (castings and forgings desirable) and problem identification and resolution tools
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and understand costs and supply chain implications of change requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (excel in particular) and ERP systems
- CIPS, APICS or EIPM
- Compliance to ISO / PED / ASME standards
Please APPLY ONLINE today and we will be in-touch in January 2021
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.