£48000 - £52000 per annum
27 days ago
Fixed Term 18 Months Contract
Purchasing Leader - 18 month Fixed term Contract - £48,000 - £52,000
Are you experienced in purchasing and looking for a new challenge in 2021 ,want to work in word leading organisation and unitise your experience?
Our client, a leading engineering manufacturer specialising in steam, they produce niche peristaltic pumps and associated fluid thermal technologies within 16 countries around the world.
Don't worry, you wont need to know about stream - You just need to know purchasing.
You will be responsible for assessing current workplace practises, adding value by creating new ideas and ensuring existing practice's are fit for purpose within the purchasing department. We are looking for someone that enjoys leading by example, able to manager a team of buyers & supervisors when needed & supporting the management team to deliver success.
There will also be an element of project work to support on, from process mapping to implementing, you will advise on process and training documentation, system testing and feedback, system and data maintenance.
- Drive continuous improvement through improving the existing processes and introducing new ones with all associated activities (data gathering; process capture, mapping, testing, creation, training; process efficiency capture and bench marking, etc)
- Liaise with peers and senior management to get buy-in and manage change / innovation through collaboration
- Achieve assigned performance metrics (QCDM related - Quality, Cost, Delivery and Motivation) and create and work to action plans where the results do not meet requirements
- Collect data and report internally and to senior management levels, both in UK Supply and at Group level
- Deputise for the Team Leaders when needed (team management: appraisals, tasks allocation and monitoring, development)
- Provide ongoing support for any other duties as required by the business
Experience/Skills & Competencies:
- Proven Procurement / Supply Chain management (team leading) experience in a fast pace manufacturing environment, preferable in a highly regulated industry
- Demonstrable Change and Project Management experience within a Procurement / Purchasing role
- Experience of influencing various levels of stakeholders effectively
- Commodity and supplier management with various categories of spend
- Experience in data management / analysis
- Specialist knowledge of procurement / purchasing systems and processes
- Good knowledge of continuous improvement principles and practices
- Good knowledge on tendering and contracting / contract management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (excel in particular) and ERP systems
- CIPS, APICS or EIPM
Please APPLY ONLINE today and we will be in-touch in January 2021
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.