Up to £19000 per annum
7 months ago
If you have an existing knowledge of working in a procurement function but would like to expand your skills and learn all about being an effective Buyer, then this could be the ideal opportunity. Your role will be to provide administrative support to a busy Purchasing team of 5, thus enabling the Buyers to focus on more strategic purchasing tasks such as supplier management and performance improvement activity.
- Set up and maintenance of raw material part numbers on Syspro (ERP system)
- Liaise with the Buyers and Finance to ensure supplier invoices are processed in a timely manner.
- Manage and maintain supplier files and records.
- Manage and maintain material specifications and obtain compliance reports from suppliers as instructed.
- Act as a point of contact in the absence of the Buyers to take and pass on messages.
- Raise Purchase Orders in accordance with procedures and/or instructions determined by the Purchasing team.
- Place and progress some low value Purchase Orders with suppliers.
- Raise debit notes for rejected raw materials.
- Proven experience of a year minimum within a procurement function
- Excellent database skills and numeracy essential
- Excellent communication skills to develop relationships with both colleagues and suppliers
- Resilience and an ability to negotiate
- Contributory Pension
- 4 times Life Assurance
- 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
Working Hours: The hours are 39 per week. 07:45 - 16:45 Monday to Thursday and 07:45 - 12:45 on Fridays.
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.