Meridian Business Support are currently recruiting for a Purchaser/ Buyer for our well established manufacturing client based in Newport.
The company recently experienced huge growth over the last year and have just moved into a state of the art facility based in Newport so now is a perfect time to make that change to an exciting company!
We are looking for a purchaser/buyer to buy products and services that are essential to the company's day-to-day operations. This will include reviewing prices and working alongside the stores manager to ensure optimal stock levels are maintained. The project managers and site engineer's will rely on you to ensure all products are purchased and ready for installations, within the requested timescale. Within this role you will have to maintain good relationships with key suppliers and ensure all products are delivered on time and are of high quality.
Main duties and responsibility's -
- Researching and meeting with potential and existing suppliers
- Comparing and evaluating quotations
- Ordering as per project checklists
- Negotiating prices and delivery dates
- Using and entering data onto purchasing system
- Maintaining up-to -date information on suppliers and products
- Preparing monthly spend and other cost reports
- Monitoring stock levels and replenishing when needed
- Experience in purchasing or a similar role is very desirable
- Ideally experience in purchasing systems
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical skills
- Must be highly organised
- Great communication skills
- Ability to create reports
Hours of work - Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm.
Must be flexible to work more hours when required.
Salary - is negotiable depending on experience
If you are ready for a change in a growing an exciting company then please send your CV today!!
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.