Would you like to work in beautiful Devon within the automotive sector, fully utilising your experience as a Project Manager or Project Engineer within a pro-active business environment? Then this could be your dream job: working across OEM customers, predominantly within the Automotive field. You will manage multiple projects from initial enquiry through to Job 1 plus 90 days.
Like the sound of it? Then please act now and apply for this exciting opportunity in a top UK manufacturer.
- Maximise the opportunity, turnover and profitability of new and existing OEM customer accounts.
- Project Management - Instigate, manage and co-ordinate the planning, development and completion of OE projects from initial supply of prototype parts through to production (Job 1 plus 90 days).
- Commercial Management - Identify, convert and successfully manage new and existing business opportunities/ customer accounts, from receipt of initial enquiry (RFQ) through to successful conversion (nomination).
- Act as an initial 'customer facing' contact to identify, interpret, and communicate the customers technical and New Product Introduction requirements successfully within the business and Project Teams.
- Ensure changing OE customer requirements/ expectations are recorded and administered correctly, via formal sales and project management 'tools' and processes (i.e. in accordance with IATF, APQP, Risk Management).
- Provide and support the preparation of accurate sales forecasts for monthly, quarterly and annual analysis by business stakeholders.
- Identify, lead and participate in continuous improvement activities to improve efficiencies and effectiveness within the business.
- Minimum 3 years experience within a similar role within a manufacturing company (ideally automotive sector, or similar)
- Experience of Microsoft Project and use of Project Management tools, templates and processes (APQP etc)
- Excellent standards of communication, initiative and ability to build relationships
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Ability to read and interpret technical data and translate to others
- Extensive knowledge of project management techniques
- Results oriented and organised with the ability to understand and carry out plans and meet objectives as agreed.
- Good level education in Maths and English
- Ideally educated to Degree level or with equivalent working experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- This role is full-time and may require some travel.
Working Hours: 8am-5pm Mon-Thurs 8am-3pm Friday
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.