£22000 - £26500 per annum
01392 423 301
8 days ago
The successful candidate will be working with the Production Manager and production engineering and you will ensure successful identification and implementation of best manufacturing practise, help review the suitability for manufacture of new products and maintain quality that exceeds their customer’s expectation.
This role is perfect for someone with a good level of experience wanting to take a step to the next level!
- Support the Production team in addressing production, process and product related issues on a day-day basis.
- Work closely with the Production Engineering team to develop and implement best practices routines and solutions to improve production rates, Quality and output
- Assist in the co-ordination and management of Zero Series builds internally and support the manufacturing team where required.
- Produce written reports where required
- Undertake continuous training and development
- Ensure adherence in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors
- Participate in new product reviews to ensure that only the most production efficient designs are released into production
- Participate in Change Request reviews to ensure that the best and most cost efficient solutions are adopted without having a negative impact on safety or quality standards
- Review manufacturing methods and agree improvements with Production Engineering
- Conduct 5S exercises and Kaizen events to generate improvements.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience solving production problems on a day-day basis
- Experience as part of a team implementing manufacturing improvements projects within batch manufacturing businesses
- Ideally some project management experience and basic CAD
- Previous involvement in New Product introduction would be beneficial, and certainly experience in progressing zero series builds through assembly
- Experience of Value Analysis and Value Engineering techniques, root cause analysis, FMEA, Value Stream Mapping would be beneficial
- Ability to work well with a variety of cross-functional team members
- Good written and verbal skills
- Good organizational and follow-up skills
- Competent in problem solving, planning and decision making
- Resourceful and able to be creative when solving problems
Office based. Working Hours: Monday to Thursday 7:30am to 16:15pm and Friday 7:30am to 1:30pm.
24 days holiday, increasing to 27 days based on yearly service, plus bank holidays.
Free onsite parking
Free Eye Test
Employee Assistance Programme
Cycle to Work Scheme available
Staff Discount available
Staff Recommendation Scheme
Long Service Awards
To apply or for additional info, please email Julianne Bates on firstname.lastname@example.org