If you are an enthusiastic, motivated and inspirational Production Team Leader who is passionate and knowledgeable in lean manufacturing processes, then our client will be interested in talking to you about this exciting new role. You will work in a new facility surrounded by beautiful countryside in the heart of Somerset. Supporting our Production Manager and working alongside our existing Team Leaders, your role will be build a successful production team whilst also focusing on continuous improvement activities.
- Supporting the Production Manager with day to day running of the production facility including staff management and supervision, but primarily focusing on lean manufacturing activities.
- Identifying continuous improvement activities, with the goal of reducing product and packaging wastage.
- Identifying and implement changes to maximise machine efficiencies throughout the production facility.
- Work with other departments to identify process changes to support improvements to the flow of raw materials and goods, to prevent delays within the production facility.
- Working with the system development team to streamline and identify improvements for the use of the in-house ERP system (IFS) to continually develop the system and use within the production facility.
- Trouble shooting day to day issues and ensuring that all resolutions meet the requirements of product specifications and GMP standards.
- Providing training to operatives and colleagues to support the continuous improvement efforts of the business.
- Support the business with continual H&S compliance and improvement.
This is a hands on role and the successful candidate must have a mechanical / machine operative background and sound knowledge and experience of lean manufacturing / continuous improvement techniques. Formal qualifications in lean/continuous improvement are not essential, but could be beneficial. Ideally candidates will have worked within a GMP regulated facility or similar (BRC, ISO 9001, BETA NOPS).
Candidates must have excellent communication skills and a high level of IT literacy, in particular working with ERP systems.
A range of benefits including; contributory pension scheme, healthcare and 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
Working Hours: Standard working hours are 8.30am - 5.00pm, however flexibility to start at 6am and occasional Saturdays is essential.
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.