We are recruiting for a Production Shift Manager with strong people management skills to join a global supplier of packaging solutions based in Wrexham working continental shifts, an excellent salary and fantastic benefits!!
As Production Shift Manager you will be working continental shifts 2 days, 2 nights, 4 off, and will be offered a salary in the region of £50-60k per annum plus excellent benefits as below!
Reporting into the Plant Manager, you will be leading a team of up to 30 production staff on shift with the following responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
- Promote correct segregation of waste, regular inspections and investigating environmental incidents
- Maintain quality standards and facilitate the implementation and adherence to Hygiene and HACCP systems
- Set targets, track daily achievements, make appropriate adjustments in resources and organisation, analyse results, identify and implement actions to attain desired result.
- Promote and drive continuous improvements for the team and the production department (through 5S, implementations of improvement ideas, SMED and any other lean manufacturing techniques)
- Input, retrieve, and evaluate information to and from computer systems to evaluate performance of shift
- Set and manage clear expectations for team members: behaviour, performance, teamwork, training.
- Ensure all standards and procedures are followed (safety rules, 5S routines, quality checks, SOP, etc.). If deviate take necessary actions to come back to standard.
- Establish and maintain an employee relations climate of trust and confidence with employees and their Union Representatives which will promote achievement of Plant and Company goals
- Review the performance and personal development of your team and identify high potential employees and successors, supporting development to next level
- Manage manning levels (right skills for right job) and ensure integration of new team members
- Absence Management.
- Coaches team members on standards of performance and to develop as appropriate
We are keen to speak with applicants with the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a Production Manager, Shift Manager or similar role is required
- Strong people management skills with some experience of change management
- Proven success in implementing lean manufacturing techniques with demonstrable results
- Hands on manager who has the ability to have challenging conversations when required
- Exposure to working in a heavily audited environment would be advantageous
- Experience of working in a high volume fast paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate good decision making in a demanding environment
- Good IT skills including MS Office especially Excel for data analysis, as well as in house systems for planning
- Paid overtime
- Full uniform, and laundry service
- Family Health insurance
- Death in service x4
- Up to 10% pension contributions
- Occupational Health and regular Health Surveillance checks
- Subsidised canteen
- Incentive Bonus
Please apply today or call us to discuss this Production Shift Manager role in more detail!