£8.91 per hour
Jessica Teece Millington
14 days ago
Temp to Perm
Essential experience required: Must be able to use all the sewing machines; Flatbed (automated cut offs), Cylinder Arm, Taper and AMS Machine. Must have had previous experience in an industrial sewing environment
Job Purpose: The sewing and making up of bags and covers and to ensure this is done to the highest quality and standard, in a timely manner
Skills and Abilities:
- Skill to thread and change feet and needles on all machines used
- Ability to adjust bar on machines to various thickness according to fabrics used
- The ability to identify all items required for specific jobs, including zips, webbing etc
- Ability to recognise changes between the sample and the job sheet and refer these to the Head of Production
- Ability to work on their own partially unsupervised but having direct access to the Head of Production
- High level of attention to details is required
- Ability to understand job sheets and follow written instructions and drawings in order to undertake ‘one off’s’
- Good team member
- Inter-departmental working and communication
- Ability to analyse problems and procedures and to provide recommendations for any problems and to react quickly to situations
- To support the Senior Management Team in the operational efficiency of the department in order to ensure smooth running of all departments.
- Receives daily instructions from Supervisor/Head of Production regarding products to be worked on that day and to complete all work quickly and efficiently to the highest quality
- To sew and make up bags and covers by using one or all of the following machines - flat bed machines (automated cut off’s), Cylinder Arms, Walking Foot, Taper, PLK, Flat foot, AMS Machines and Taper guides.
- To ensure individual input assists with the smooth running of the production line
- To maintain sewing machines when required and check and clean them every week advising the Head of Production of any major faults
- Ability to read drawing and interpret instructions on Job Sheets
- Ability to identify minor faults on machines and rectify where possible. If not advise Head of Production to arrange repair.
- To constantly look at process and procedures to ensure an effective and efficient department
- Responsible for the completion of time sheets / quality control forms, commenting on any alterations / measurements which need to be made by R&D
- Ability to identify quality issues and advise the Head of Production accordingly
- Responsible for a clean, neat and tidy work areas at all times
- To work as part of a team so work is shared and all jobs within the function are undertaken by every machinist
- To ensure all threads are returned to the store room upon completion of each job undertaken
- To constantly strive to improve your department by identifying and implementing process and system improvements.
- To ensure that H&S and ISO requirements are met within the function and to report any variances to the Head of Production
- To undertake any other duties are required by the Head of Production
Pay - £8.91 per hour
Hours – Monday - Thursday 8am-4:30pm
This is Temp to Perm position.
Please call Meridian on 01244 304 360 for more information or apply via email by sending CV to