£26000 - £28000 per annum, Benefits: Pension, 24 Days Holiday, Early Friday Finish
01392 423 301
18 days ago
If you are a seasoned Materials Controller or Production Planner with experience in a manufacturing or engineering environment then we have just the opportunity for you. Our client in Exeter is a British manufacturer who supply quality products on a worldwide basis. They looking for a Materials Planning and Logistics Controller to work in their procurement function within this busy Engineering environment.
- Your primary function will be to assist the Senior Buyer in achieving the timely delivery of production materials to the manufacturing team, maintaining stock levels and managing the inventory of goods.
- You will communicate daily with suppliers, plan, and release materials using the company’s MRP scheduling tools.
- Analyse supplier performance data and initiating appropriate improvement activities
- Plan, direct and co-ordinate all production planning activities within the company. Liaise with Logistics Coordinator for sub contract processes, and finished goods.
- Review/create/improve and monitor for effectiveness planning.
- Negotiate with customers to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability as needed.
- Establish and advise inventory levels for components/sub-assemblies & finished goods in line with customer demand and budgeted stock holding provision.
- Previous experience of Purchasing systems and Supply chain desirable, specifically within a manufacturing environment, ideally using an MRP system
- The successful candidate should be focused, self-motivated and able to follow instructions. The role requires level of flexibility, strong analytical skills and a tenacious attitude.
A very sociable company environment: with staff parties and additional Christmas holiday!
Hours 8.30-5.30 M-F with a 3pm finish on a Friday