Our Client is one of the largest steel stockholding companies in the United Kingdom.
Operating from two substantial sites in Suffolk and Somerset, with a combined size of around 27 acres and holding close to 35,000 tonnes of steel between each site they are now looking for additional production operatives for their busy site in Newmarket.
Salary £18k per annum (10.81ph)
Hours of work are : 15.00pm - 23.30pm, 32 hours per week, Monday - Thursday.
You will be required to process customer orders to specifications using a selection of manual machinery.
- Operate a selection of manual and CNC based machinery for metal processing.
- Process steel to customer's requirements and tolerances. Work within the company's quality system to ensure the full trace-ability of customer orders.
- Be competent at reading drawings, orders and following verbal instructions, be available to train others in this area.
- Able to work to high standards under your own initiative and pressure.
- Operate forklifts, combi-lifts and the crane safely and in a controlled manner.
- Ensure daily checks are performed on your equipment, crane and forklift/combi-lift, these are to be carried out before you start your shift
- Working as part of our team of operators, processing steel to order, as and when orders are generated.
- Collating aforementioned orders, including banding, palletising, bagging and preparing them for loading.
- Loading, off Loading of plate and parts from the plasma machines
- Identify and locate different steel products using appropriate measuring equipment
- Keeping machines and work areas clean and tidy
- Ensure you and your colleagues adhere to all current Health & Safety Legislation and Company Policy.
- Report any accidents and incidents to the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager.
- Report any machine faults / breakdowns to the production Supervisor or Maintenance Manager
- Attend training courses when required/requested.
- Comply with all Company Quality policies and procedures
Staff benefits are as follows;
Annual Summer discretionary bonus scheme
Company Pension Scheme
Private Medical Healthcare after 3 years' service
10 days sick pay allowance after 5 years' service
Long service bonus after 10 years
Apply now for immediate interview.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.