My client is looking for a Production Operative to work night shifts. The salary is £18,000 with a 20% uplift working the hours of 11:00pm - 7:30am.
Duties for a Production Operative are:
- Operate a selection of manual and CNC based machinery for metal processing.
- Process steel to customers' requirements and tolerances. Work within the company's quality system to ensure the full traceability of customer orders.
- Be competent at reading drawings, orders and following verbal instructions, be available to train others in this area.
- Able to work to high standards under your own initiative and pressure.
- Operate forklifts, combi-lifts and the crane safely and in a controlled manner.
- Ensure daily checks are performed on your equipment, crane and forklift/combi-lift, these are to be carried out before you start your shift
- Working as part of our team of operators, processing steel to order, as and when orders are generated.
- Collating aforementioned orders, including banding, palletising, bagging and preparing them for loading.
- Loading, off Loading of plate and parts from the plasma machines
- Identify and locate different steel products using appropriate measuring equipment
- Keeping machines and work areas clean and tidy
If you are interested in this role, please call Danielle on 01935 432434.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.