£40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, early Friday finish
01392 423 301
about 1 month ago
In this exciting new role within one of Somerset’s most established manufacturing sites, your role will be to lead the factory in such a way that ensures the balanced score card of Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, and People are delivered in line with the business strategic objectives. If you have worked within a manufacturing environment where products are assembled together, working with manual processes (as opposed to a highly automated environment), then this could be just the role for you.
- Able to demonstrate the leadership skills to manage the efficient running of the site, including HS&E, production, engineering, and QMS and to deliver our products at the highest quality and profitability.
- Analyse and manage the site budget. Direct labour and capex.
- Measurement and analysis of SMV’s, NCR’s, workforce manning and other metrics. Able to track and report variances to drive increased efficiencies.Measure the current
- production techniques, developing year on year improvement strategies.
- Develop short, mid, and long terms strategies to deliver future capacity.
- Leadership of site wide Lean principles and methodologies.
- Lead and develop the production teams, reviewing structures, capabilities, and succession planning.
- Streamline all processes to reduce waste and increase efficiencies.
- Lead new manufacturing initiatives, applying good manufacturing principles, organisation structure, leadership, sourcing and integration, production systems and techniques for improved efficiencies.
- Management Level 5 or above, or perhaps an Engineering Degree
- Management skills. Leader who sets the tone by personal example and excels in coaching and developing staff.
- Highly developed IT skills including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- People skills including coaching and team building.Ability to introduce CI techniques and their use in a production environment.
- Strong manager who gains ‘buy in’ and empowers
- Strong financial understanding of manufacturing business with ability to communicate the KPIs to the team
- Leads through example with the team, colleagues and external contactsHas ability to be ‘hands on’/highly visible to the teamA
- n understanding of introducing CI techniques and their use in a production environment
39 hours per week – 0745-1645 Monday to Thursday and 0745-1245 Fridays