£45000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: Pension, 25 days holiday, early finish on a Friday
01392 423 301
3 months ago
Are you a seasoned Manufacturing Manager who is able to lead a team of 20 Production Ops and Stores personnel within a busy Mechanical Engineering company based in Tiverton, Devon? As Production Manager, you will oversee the smooth running of assembly and to meet both the customers’ requirements and expectations.
- Manage the current members in the Production, Electrical Test and Stores team.
- Ensure all procedures and policies are followed, that H&S is fully met and take control of all quality standards within the production areas.
- Use Lean Manufacturing techniques to improve builds on machines.
- Check and follow sales orders through the factory. Report back to the production planner any anticipated delays to deliver machines on time.
- Updating and maintaining Skills Matrix and Training Plans. Daily update of machine order status and production build progress. Ensure the factory is properly maintained.
- Lead project based development of new product with the supply base to meet the needs of the company.
- Lead product improvements with suppliers.
- Proven experience within Production or Manufacturing Manager’s role, ideally within a mechanical engineering company.
- Strong people management skills and an encouraging and supportive manner.
- Computer literate.
- Used to working in a Lean environment whilst operating a Skills Matrix system.
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Good level of general education
- Mechanical Engineering background preferred.
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Hours of Work: 07:45 - 17:00 Mon to Thurs, 08:30 - 12:30 Fridays (39 hours)