£38000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, early Friday finish
01392 423 301
24 days ago
In this exciting new role within one of Somerset’s most established manufacturing sites, your role will be to lead and manage various simultaneous Continuous Improvement projects through their lifecycle to a successful end. You will fully utilise your lean manufacturing skills to help the business to grow as they adopt your Process Improvements. In return, you will be afforded the opportunity of building a long and successful career whilst learning from the Operations Manager in all aspects of manufacturing and people management. This is an ideal opportunity for somebody looking for the second or third step on their career ladder. If you have worked within a manufacturing environment where products are assembled together, working with manual processes (as opposed to a highly automated environment), then this could be just the role for you.
- Able to demonstrate the leadership skills to manage the efficient running of the site, including HS&E, production, engineering, and QMS and to deliver our products at the highest quality and profitability.
- Analyse and manage the site budget. Direct labour and capex.
- Measurement and analysis of SMV’s, NCR’s, workforce manning and other metrics. Able to track and report variances to drive increased efficiencies.Measure the current
- production techniques, developing year on year improvement strategies.
- Develop short, mid, and long terms strategies to deliver future capacity.
- Leadership of site wide Lean principles and methodologies.
- Lead and develop the production teams, reviewing structures, capabilities, and succession planning.
- Streamline all processes to reduce waste and increase efficiencies.
- Lead new manufacturing initiatives, applying good manufacturing principles, organisation structure, leadership, sourcing and integration, production systems and techniques for improved efficiencies.
- Management Level 5 or above, or perhaps an Engineering Degree
- Management skills. Leader who sets the tone by personal example and excels in coaching and developing staff.
- Highly developed IT skills including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- People skills including coaching and team building.Ability to introduce CI techniques and their use in a production environment.
- Strong manager who gains ‘buy in’ and empowers
- Strong financial understanding of manufacturing business with ability to communicate the KPIs to the team
- Leads through example with the team, colleagues and external contacts
- Has ability to be ‘hands on’/highly visible to the team
- An understanding of introducing CI techniques and their use in a production
39 hours per week – 0745-1645 Monday to Thursday and 0745-1245 Fridays