£32000 per annum, Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, Flexible hours policy,
01392 423 301
9 days ago
If you are a seasoned Metalshop Engineer with proven skills in improving production processes (especially with regards to punching, and folding within the metal shop area, and in the future any laser cutting) then this could be the ideal role for you!
The role will require the Engineer to identify opportunities and implement improvements to make a measurable difference in achieving output and productivity levels, as part of the strategic targets across the production department.
Working with the production manager and others, you will ensure successful identification and implementation of best manufacturing practise, achieving and maintaining an up-to-date, effective production area that achieves cost effective production of parts.
- Identify, present and implement specific ideas for improving production output and/or productivity for the Trumpf 5000 punch, and LVD press brakes.
- Review new products for the Trumpf 5000 (PRF’s and samples) ensuring the designs are suitable for optimised punching, and develop new programmes for these components using latest best practice
- Working closely with the Punch Programmers achieve the very best support from Trumpf UK in maintaining and improving the operation of the punch and with LVD for maintaining and improving the operation of the press brakes.
- Identify, present and implement specific ideas to reduce down time and all non-productive time on the punch and press brakes.
- Implement improvements that can be demonstrated to have increased productivity, increased output, or reduced the cost of production.
- Support the Production Manager, Supervisors and team leaders in evaluating the strategic development of on-site manufacturing to achieve business goals.
- Work as part of the production team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting, and implementing continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimise measurable performance and improve quality of delivery.
- HNC / HND or equivalent in an Engineering discipline preferred
- Experience in creating part programmes and punch “nests” preferred
- Experience implementing Manufacturing improvements and Continuous Improvement projects within batch manufacturing businesses
- Experience of working with sheet metal fabrications with an understanding of related manufacturing processes and limitations
- Project management experience and a track record of identifying and successfully implementing change
- Previous involvement in New Product introduction would be beneficial
- Experience of Value Analysis and Value Engineering techniques, root cause analysis, FMEA, Value Stream Mapping and 8D would be beneficial
24 days holiday, increasing to 27 days based on yearly service, plus bank holidays.
8.30-5 Monday to Friday