£40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: great benefits package
about 1 month ago
Working hours: 39 hour working week 7.30am - 4.00pm Mon-Thurs, early finish Fridays
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 and we’re happy to discuss your salary expectations to meet your requirements.
Benefits: Very competitive salary, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, pension contributions, life assurance policy, Christmas shut down, free on-site parking, clean, bright and modern facilities, regular investment in new equipment with two new CNC machine tools purchased in 2020.
Contract type: permanent
This job might suit: Manufacturing Engineer, Operations Manager or perhaps a Managing Director of a sub contract precision engineering business.
Commutable from: Worcester, Malvern, Tewkesbury, Cheltenham, Gloucester, Stonehouse, Stroud and surrounding areas
In succession planning for a retirement, a brand-new vacancy for a Production Engineer has arisen to work for a hidden gem of a sub-contract CNC precision engineering business in the heart of Gloucestershire.
The reputation for quality the company has developed over the years has resulted in a broad and diverse customer base with precision machined component parts being supplied every day to small, private customers and to larger household name businesses alike in medical, pharmaceutical, oil and gas, aerospace and motorsport industries amongst others.
Joining the company leadership team to take on the lead engineering position in the business, your technical skills and experience coupled with your business insight will ensure machining processes are the best they can be, delivering products of the highest quality to customers on time and in full.
Your duties as Production Engineer will include (amongst other things):
- receiving customer drawings, clarifying and querying as required;
- producing quotes for new work;
- programming 3 and 4 axis CNC mills using CAD CAM software;
- identifying and selecting best tooling for each job;
- program prove out, review and refine;
- writing machining methods, seeking the most cost effective yet viable machining plans;
- managing non-conformances to ensure accurate reporting, timely closure, containment and corrective action;
- carrying out research and producing proposals on future capital investment;
- handling telephone calls from, or meeting with, current customers and new business clients;
- using email to communicate both internally and with customers;
- optimising machining operations where possible and generally driving machining efficiency, all the time working with a small group of skilled and experienced CNC Machinists, drawing on their experience and agreeing best course of action.
About you (the essentials)
In order to be considered for this position you will be skilled at, and will have demonstrable experience of:
- reading and interpreting complex engineering drawings and customer specifications;
- programming 3 and 4 axis CNC mills using CAD/CAM software;
- selecting appropriate tooling and working with tooling representatives when needed;
- writing machining method documents, clarifying best order of operations;
- understanding how plating and anodising affects the dimensions of machined items;
- carrying out precision CNC machining processes, with an appreciation for conventional/manual milling, turning and grinding operations too;
- dealing with customers over the phone or face to face;
- using MRP software to manage the throughput of customer orders and to plan workloads;
- using Microsoft Office software, Word and Excel and
- managing time efficiently to meet required deadlines.
More about you (the ‘not essential but nice to haves’)
In addition to the above, it would be great if you are skilled at, and have experience of the following:
- writing competitive yet profitable quotes to produce CNC machined components for customers (or the aptitude for learning to quote in the future);
- programming CNC lathes at the machine (Fanuc control panels);
- sourcing of materials and sub contract services;
- determining labour costs based on shop floor processes;
- working with twin spindle, twin turret or sliding head CNC lathes and
- working with cylindrical or surface grinding equipment.
To apply for this Production Engineer job or if you’d like more information
You can apply for this position either by using the ‘apply now’ button on this advert or by getting in touch with Tom Andrews, directly by email firstname.lastname@example.org tandrews (at) meridianbs (dot) co (dot) uk
No problem - If you’d like to learn more about the job I’m offering before applying or if you haven’t got a CV drawn up yet, why not get in touch and I’d be happy to help. Any conversations will be held in strict confidence.
Key words for search purposes: Production Engineer Manufacturing Engineer Operations Manager Director CNC Programmer Estimator Planner MRP sub contract subcontract precision engineering