£30000 - £35000 per annum
01392 423 301
24 days ago
The Production Engineer will be responsible for developing, implementing, procuring and maintaining equipment used within this busy ‘cradle to grave’ design and manufacture engineering firm in Somerset. Your role as Manufacturing Engineer / Production Engineer will be to ensure that products are built with maximum efficiency to meet demand.
- Working with our MRP system for production demand and planning
- Responsible for the design and specification of production tooling and process
- Introduce improvements to production deficiencies.
- Define continuous Improvements within the product builds
- Introduce maintenance and preventative maintenance programs for all production equipment
- Implement cost reduction initiatives
- Develop budget and CAPEX proposals
- General support for Production
- Ensure quality standards are maintained and improved
- Generate engineering change requests
- Investigate problems, analyse root causes and derive solutions
- Ensure safe working practices and conditions are maintained.
- Maintain consistent 5S and housekeeping standards within the manufacturing areas
- Minimum qualification HND / HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
- Extensive experience from qualified work in production engineering, ideally within a medium-sized manufacturing organisation.
- Skilled relationship builder with ability to build trust and contribute to positive relationships.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Digital and IT literate, fully confident in Microsoft Office packages.
- Experience working in ERP systems
- CNC Machining experience would be ideal, although not essential.
Hours 8-5 M-T, 8-3.30 Friday