Are you a highly experienced Production Assembly Manager looking for an exciting and challenging role? If you have worked within a manufacturing environment where products are assembled together, working with manual processes (as opposed to a highly automated environment), then this could be just the role for you. With huge growth plans, you will start with a team of 20, but this will build to almost 100 over the next 18 months, and production output will be hugely increased accordingly. So your people and process management skills will be fully relied upon, as will your planning ability. Candidates who have experienced this sort of growth in a manual assembly environment will be of particular interest to our client.
- Demonstrate leadership of the area by setting clear goals and targets that are measurable and everyone is held accountable to.
- Ensure set outputs and KPIs are met or exceeded
- Track competence of a rapidly expanding section and provide leadership and development as required to achieve objectives through robust performance management processes.
- Through a robust factory management system review the "balanced scorecard" and report daily, weekly and monthly on production measures to drive performance and timely identification of issues (away from standard or opportunities to improve).
- Liaise with the engineering function to ensure ppm is adhered to and improvements are suggested and acted upon.
- Provide support to the implementation of capital projects within the area.
- Work with the Manufacturing Manager or Senior Production Manager on key improvement projects highlighted within the area and have ability to manage some projects independently.
- Ensure Quality Plan is implemented and adhered to.
- Ensure that product launches are operationally supported to meet customer expectation
- Achieve the necessary product quality levels through a 'Right First Time' mentality and adherence to defined standards team wide.
- Control costs in terms of material usage, labour, productivity, downtime, waste, rework etc. within the area and ability to generate improvement ideas and implement them utilising other stakeholders as required.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement activities as defined throughout the key processes using Lean Tools.
- Responsible for resource planning, (including control of and support for holiday factors) whilst maintaining cost effectiveness within area, raising any concerns in a timely manner.
- Managing factory or large teams in a manual process environment
- Held KPI responsibility
- Cultural change, CI/Lean manufacturing, implementation experience
- Ability to work to a budget
- Performance management and experience of disciplinary process
- Strong manager who gains 'buy in' and empowers
- Strong financial understanding of manufacturing business with ability to communicate the KPIs to the team
- Leads through example with the team, colleagues and external contacts
- Has ability to be 'hands on'/highly visible to the team
- An understanding of introducing CI techniques and their use in a production environment
- Company Pension
- Life Assurance
Working Hours: 39 hours per week - 07.45-16.45 Monday to Thursday and 07.45-12.45 Fridays
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.