Job title: Production and Materials Planner
Location: Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
Working hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Thursday, 8:00am - 1:00pm Friday
Benefits: Very competitive salary, high value monthly bonus scheme, generous pension contributions, life assurance policy, Christmas shut down, holiday entitlement increases with service, free uniform, regular overtime, free on-site parking, clean, bright and modern facilities.
Contract type: permanent
> Would you like to work for a company which is forever innovating and investing in new technologies?
> Can you see yourself working in a precision engineering environment where components are made to the highest quality standards for customers who require only the very best products on the market?
> Are you an organised individual with sound administrative, planning and reporting skills?
> Do you have a background of working in a manufacturing or engineering environment?
If this sounds like you, then please do read on, you might be just who we're looking for.
I've been appointed by a local precision engineering company to support their search for a Production and Materials Planner to join their team on a permanent basis.
The company I'm working with have been supplying precision engineered components to aerospace, medical and general industry for many years, from their purpose-built facility just off junction 9 of the M5 motorway in Tewkesbury, commutable from Gloucester, Cheltenham, Worcester and surrounding areas.
Main Duties of the Production and Materials Planner
- Development of production plans for department supervisors
- Monitoring workload, capacity and inventory
- Checking stock for material availability
- Monitoring production output against the given plan or master production schedule, flagging items for prioritisation
- Monitoring delivery to customer performance against customer schedules
- Managing customer expectations, providing timely feedback on queries
- Reporting production levels to senior management team
- Releasing materials orders to suppliers, according to schedules and forecasts, chasing up as and when needed
- Creating purchase orders on stock control system and generating correct paperwork
- Speaking with sub contractors to confirm order volumes, confirming expected delivery dates and tracking progress
- Attending production meetings to report current and planned figures
- Producing reports daily, weekly and monthly
- Scanning of completed paperwork onto the company's MRP system (Sage).
About you - essential requirements for the Production and Materials Planner role
- Either least 3 years' experience as a Production Planner or working experience as a CNC Machinist with some exposure to production planning.
- Experience of working with or around CNC Turning, Milling and Grinding machinery
- Ability to read drawings
- Strong organisational skills, able to establish priorities, whilst managing multiple tasks at once
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate, experienced in using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience of working with company materials planning system (ERP/MRP) (Sage 200 ideally, happy to consider others)
- Previous experience of working in a manufacturing engineering environment is essential
Sounds like you? Take a look at the package on offer...
- Very competitive salary - please do get in touch for more details
- Overtime available
- High value monthly bonus scheme
- This position is a permanent job from day one working directly for our client, not a temporary or contracting role
- Lots of free parking always available
- Well maintained machinery with regular investment in the latest equipment
- Modern, clean, well organised facilities
- A friendly, welcoming team atmosphere and very knowledgeable and supportive management style
- Long term order book with established specialist contracts
- Holiday entitlement rising with length of service, plus all bank holidays paid and Christmas shut down
- Life cover
- All personal protective equipment paid for by the company
- Please get in touch for a complete benefits package
To apply for this Production and Materials Planner position
Don't worry - we promise complete confidentiality.
If you'd like to be considered as a candidate for this vacancy or if you'd just like to find out more, please do use the 'apply now' button on this advertisement to send in your CV or get in touch directly with Tom Andrews on 01242-246-022 or by email on tandrews(at)meridianbs.co.uk.
Key words for search purposes: production planner planning scheduler scheduling sage GL20 8NA
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.